BATCHING PROCESS OPERATOR
DAY SHIFT, MONDAY - FRIDAY ONLY (5 a.m. Start)
Manage a large scale food production process making pasta sauces, bar-b-que sauces, hot sauces, salsa, salad dressings, and marinades in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Prepare/Assemble batches per the batch ticket. Must be able to accurately follow instructions and record lot numbers and measurements.
- Accurately record temperature and time readings.
- Follow and enforce GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintain organization of the ingredients area while practicing FIFO (First-in-First-Out).
- Use a forklift to assemble ingredients required for production.
- Report any known or suspected food safety and quality problems immediately.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school Diploma/GED
- Valid, New York State Drivers' License
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Basic math and reasoning skills.
- Ability to use some basic tools (razor, calculator, pumps, etc.)
- Noise: Can be loud – earplugs are provided for daily use.
- Stand and move all day
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Frequently using stairs, bending, reaching, pulling, kneeling, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn at all times including company uniform, hair net, beard net if applicable, safety glasses, earplugs, bumper cap. All provided.
- Wages and benefits are above industry average
- Blue Cross Blue Shield co-pay health insurance
- Retirement Plan with company match
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Clean uniforms provided daily
- Boot allowance
- On the job; paid training.
- Advancement opportunities.
Private Label Foods of Rochester, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and cover letter to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org